Wednesday 21 August 2013

Why a brother-sister bonding is special for me.

A lot’s been said and written about the importance of parents, friends, better half in life but one bonding which rarely gets the same mention is that of a brother and sister. Traditionally, brotherly and sisterly bonds are known to be very strong. But, on this occasion of Rakshabandhan I’d like to talk and cherish my bonding with my sister who also doubles up as my best friend.

As we grow up, we realize the value of each and every relationship and this has been the case with me throughout the way till date. I might not have been the best of the brother during the childhood days when I used to speak less and was by and large a shy person, but now at this juncture of life I value this bonding as a life changing one for the simple reason that friends, girl friends may come and go but my sister will always remain mine. I have been through my fair share of failures and I know she’s the only one who supported me throughout the journey. In fact she’s the one who pushed me to start a blog and here I am writing this post. I believe she is the true owner of this blog and not me. Always brimming with positive and optimistic thoughts, she brings in a lot of fresh air when we talk.
There have been numerous instances when I was literally down and out in life but her words have been like those soft feathers constantly in touch with the depths of the heart. The camaraderie has been brilliant and I don’t how good a person I am but one thing’s very sure that she’s a gem of a person. I feel blessed to have her around me. She has inspired and motivated me a lot.

A lot of people can relate to this post and I urge all those caring and loving brothers to express their feelings to their sisters because the world looks a nicer place to live in when there is love, support and affection. Expressing oneself is an important trait in life and I know as a shy boy how difficult it is to say all these things to a girl but we seriously need to cross all these boundaries and make our sisters/mothers or for that matter anyone feel loved. We need to treat them with respect, dignity and love because all the time you see them sacrificing their own happiness for others. A woman's world revolves around her family and being a part of it I think we should make them feel special not just on the day of rakshabandhan but for the rest of the days as well. Expressing feelings is one part of the story but backing those feelings through actions will bring a lot of happiness to everyone who's involved.   

It’s been said that love and support cause great miracles in life and I fully agree to the statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...